Thursday, December 16, 2010

Grace Jones

As a model one is forced to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror and I just started to freak out, like I was going on the other side of the mirror. So I moved every mirror out of my house when I stopped modeling. 
- Grace Jones 
I think i'm doing a service to black women by portraying myself as a sex machine. I mean, what's wrong with being a sex machine, darling? Sex is large, sex is life, sex is as large as life, so it appeals to anyone that's living, or rather it should. - Grace Jones 
Survival is my primary instinct. I’ll do anything. It's out of my control. It's stronger than me. It's an outside force, a voice that says 'do this for your life or it will devour you’. - Grace Jones 

That's what they do in Argentina. Have a little wine and talk. Then have some coffee and talk. Then, go back to the wine - Grace Jones 

I've always been a rebel. I never do things the way they're supposed to be done. Either I go in the opposite direction or I create a new direction for myself, regardless of what the rules are or what society says. - Grace Jones 


No comments:

Post a Comment